Friday, October 5, 2018

DASHING DEER CARD:

Hello there! Here's another project from my last TNT! class featuring the Faux Quilt Technique. I started with a Crumb Cake base. I then cut squares from the Dashing Along DSP & adhered them to a piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock with SNAIL. I ran it through the Big Shot using the Quilt Top Embossing Folder, adding the faux quilt texture.

Next I folded a piece of Striped Burlap Trim in half and stapled it to the Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. I angled the ends and stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock with Garden green ink. I used the Darling Label Punch to punch it out and attached it over the burlap with Mini Dimensionals. I used one of the deer's antlers from the Detailed Deer Thinlits to cut out the swirls from Vellum Cardstock, and attached them to the back of the sentiment with Glue Dots.

I ran a piece of Silver/White Baker's Twine through a Galvanized Button and tied a bow. I attached it with a couple of rolled Glue Dots. I finished it off with a couple of Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets.

This technique is an oldie but a goodie. It's been around for at least 10 years but I still love it! The Dashing Along DSP was only around for a short while, but I had one friend earn a package with her Workshop and several customers who placed generous orders in September who will also be getting this gorgeous paper. I'm hoping they'll give this fun technique a try when they get their own package:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? Because I’m going to start my website soon, but I’m a little lost on everything. Many thanks! To find top account on instagram, please check link instastalker

    ReplyDelete