Saturday, October 6, 2018

WINTER WOODS CARD:

Hello there! Here's the other card we made at TNT! a couple of weeks ago. I focused on techniques made with Embossing Folders. This is the Faux 3-D Technique...not sure if it has an official name, but that's what I called it:) I started with a Pool Party base and added a layer of Real Red Cardstock on top.

Next I opened up the Woodland Embossing Folder and on the side that has the SU! logo, I ran Balmy Blue ink across it with a Sponge Brayer, keeping the ink darker at the bottom. I then inked the tree image with Early Espresso ink and stamped it directly onto the folder on top of the Balmy Blue. I stamped once full strength & stamped it a second time, off-setting it a bit. I repeated this process a second time. Make sure to add the shading at the bottom of the trees as well.

I then stamped the 2 deer with Soft Suede ink, placing them so they're heads wouldn't be obstructed by the trees. Once the stamping was done, I carefully laid a piece of Whisper White Cardstock on top and ran it through the Big Shot. When you open it up you get this really cool effect which make the deer appear to be behind the trees & gives your project a lot of depth. Next I stamped the sentiment onto Real Red Cardstock using Early Espresso ink and flagged one end.

I stamped several pinecones with Soft Suede ink and the greenery with Mossy Meadow. I used the coordinating In the Woods Framelits to cut them out of Whisper White Cardstock, along with the sprig from Sparkle Glimmer Paper. Remember, you save 10% when you purchase the stamp set & dies together in a Bundle! I attached the sprig, greenery and a pinecone to the sentiment with Glue Dots. I attached a pinecone on top with a Mini Dimensional and attached the banner to the card with Dimensionals, making sure to place them on flat areas between the trees.

I added a few more pinecones to the right and colored them all with Wink of Stella to give them some shimmer. I finished it off with a bow made from Real Red 1/8" Solid Ribbon and attached it with a Glue Dot. This is a technique with a big Wow factor and was so much fun to open the embossing folder and see the results. I'd seen several examples on Pinterest, but this was the first time to make one of my own. It was a big hit:) Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment: