Saturday, September 29, 2018

TURKEY FAVORS:

Hello there! I made this cute little turkey favor for the attendees at Debra's Workshop earlier this week. I got the idea from Rachael Coon at the Joy of Stampin' with Rachael. She made a really cute Thanksgiving card using the feather image from the Making Every Day Bright stamp set in the Holiday Catalog. I changed it up a little and used the large balloon from the Balloon Bouquet Punch for the body. I used Soft Suede Cardstock and used the Christmas Bulb Builder Punch for the head.

I used the Fox Builder Punch for several parts of him. His feet in Crumb Cake Cardstock, the beak in Crushed Curry, his gobble thing from Real Red Cardstock-just cut apart the fox tail tip, and I made the hat from Basic Black Cardstock-cut from the face image. I added his eyes with a Journaling Pen & attached the face pieces & hat with Liquid Tombow. I attached his feet with rolled Glue Dots & attached his head to his body with a Mini Dimensional.

I stamped the feathers from Making Every Day Bright with Memento Black ink onto Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze & Real Red Cardstock. I used the coordinating Christmas Bulb Builder Punch to punch them out. I attached some feathers with Liquid Tombow and attached some with Mini Dimensionals to give them some depth.

I cut strips of DSP from the Regals 6" x 6" DSP measuring 2" x 6" and scored them at 2 3/4" & 3 1/4". I stapled them close the the edge at the top and a Fun-sized Butterfinger fits inside perfectly. I then attached the turkey to the front of the DSP with Dimensionals. You'll want to attach the turkey so it overhangs a bit at the bottom; this will help it to stand up.

I added bows with Crumb Cake Classic Weave Ribbon & Real Red Cotton Ribbon & attached them with Glue Dots. I stamped the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings with Memento Black ink & used the Classic Label Punch to punch it out. I adhered it to the top of the DSP with Liquid Tombow. I made a loop from Gold Mini Sequin Trim, secured it with a Glue Dot and added a Gold Library Clip to secure it all. I made the gold buckle on the hat from Gold Glimmer Paper using the At Home Framelits.

The first one was really fun to make but I gotta tell ya, making 11 more wasn't as much, haha:) You'll just need to allow yourself enough time if you plan to  make a bunch of these, and you might want to recruit some help:) But in the end they were well worth the effort! Thanks so much for stopping by:)


1 comment:

  1. So cute. Wow, did you have to go on a scavenger hunt to find all the dies, punches, stamps, etc. to create this? Great job. I have all but the DSP, but I am sure I can find something that will work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete