Friday, August 24, 2018

DARLING LABEL FAVOR:

Hello there! This is the favor I made for everyone who attended TNT! earlier this week. The focus was on fun background techniques, and for this tag topper I used the Rainbow Emboss Resist Technique.

I started by filling a 2" x 8" Cellophane Bag with candy. I added a piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock measuring 2" x 3" and scored it in half. I folded the bag down about 1/2", folded the topper in half and stapled it onto the bag. I then took a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and stamped it with the Post Script Background Stamp using Whisper White Craft ink. I added White Embossing Powder and set it with a Heat Tool.

I then used Sponge Daubers with Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo & Gorgeous Grape stamp pads and applied the ink in a circular motion. I overlapped some the colors slightly to get a full rainbow of colors. I then wiped off the excess ink from the embossed  image to make it pop. I used the same inks on the sentiment from the Darling Label Stamp Set included in the Punch Box Tin, starting with Coastal Cabana at the top into Flirty Flamingo, then Crushed Curry and Gorgeous Grape at the bottom. I punched out the labels using the Darling Label Punch, included with the tin.

I cut the Whisper White Cardstock down to smaller pieces and adhered them to the tag toppers with Liquid Tombow. I looped a piece of Bermuda Bay & Gorgeous Grape Mini Striped Ribbon under the label and stapled it to the topper. I then added a couple of the Tropical Elements with Glue Dots, adding a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine through the holes of the flower.

The Tropical Elements were a perfect compliment to these favors as the tags do have an exotic, tropical feel to them. Maybe I'll need to bring a bunch with me when I travel to the Greek Isles next year!!! One can hope! Thanks so much for stopping by:)


No comments:

Post a Comment