Thursday, August 23, 2018

ANIMAL OUTING CARD:

Hello there! Here's the second card we made at TNT! the other night. The focus was on fun backgrounds and this card features the Crinkle Technique. I was going for a lot of texture to resemble the rhino's skin. I started with a Call Me Clover base and added a strip of Animal Expedition DSP to the left.

Next, I scrunched & crinkled a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. I lightly ran a Soft Suede Stamp Pad across it. I then crunched it up some more, making sure to get some creases in different places, and ran the stamp pad across it again. I repeated the process with a Smoky Slate Stamp Pad. I then spritzed it with some alcohol & scrunched it up one final time.

I then smoothed it out and stamped some texture on it using Timeless Textures and Soft Suede ink. On top of that I stamped the dot image with a Whisper White Craft pad. I adhered the crinkle layer on top of the DSP with Liquid Tombow. I looped a piece of Leaf Ribbon and secured it in place with Glue Dots. I then stamped the rhino with Memento Black ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I colored him with Watercolor Pencils and blended them with a Blender Pen. I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut it out.

I then stamped the sentiment with Call Me Clover ink and used the framelits to cut it out. I added the rhino & sentiment with Dimensionals. I used the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch to punch out the little heart from Poppy Parade Cardstock. I attached it to a Corrugated Element with Liquid Tombow and attached a Linen Thread bow with a Glue Dot. This was another fun technique and I'm sure I'll be putting it to use again! Stop back tomorrow for another fun background technique. Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Laura - LOVE your card! Love the crinkled background texture.
    TFS! Hope you don't mind my casing :)!

    ReplyDelete