Wednesday, August 22, 2018

ROOTED IN NATURE CARD:

Hello there! This is one of the cards we made at TNT! last night. I demonstrated a couple of background techniques, and this card features a Sponged Background Technique. It's very quick & easy but produces a lovely effect. I started with a Soft Suede base and stamped the background image with Soft Suede ink as well.

For the background, I started with a strip of Whisper White Cardstock. I used 3 different ink pads and had a Stamping Sponge wedge designated for each color. Working in a circular motion, I started with Bermuda Bay ink at the top. I tried to apply a light, even layer, and covered the top third of the cardstock. Underneath the Bermuda Bay I added Flirty Flamingo ink, overlapping the colors a bit to blend them. Next I added Pumpkin Pie, filling in the bottom third of the cardstock. I then added grass along the bottom edge by sponging some Bermuda Bay over the Pumpkin Pie.

Next, I stamped the trees from Rooted in Nature with Memento ink over the top. I went back in with the Bermuda Bay ink to add some extra shading to the bottom of the trees so they didn't look like they were floating. I adhered the cardstock to a piece of Nature's Poem DSP, and to the card base with SNAIL. I then ran a strip of Suite Season Washi Tape from the Holiday Catalog underneath.

I attached a piece of Petal Pink Metallic Ribbon on top with Glue Dots. I stamped the sentiment with Memento ink onto a strip of Very Vanilla Cardstock and attached it with Mini Dimensionals. I stamped 2 leaf images with Soft Suede ink onto Vellum Cardstock and ran them through the Big Shot using the Nature's Roots Framelits. I tucked them under the sentiment with Glue Dots and finished it off with one of the gorgeous Tea Room Copper Stickers. Like I mentioned, this is a really quick & easy technique, but it has a big wow factor. I hope you'll give it a try! Stop back tomorrow for another fun background technique. Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment: