Tuesday, July 17, 2018

SHELTERING TREE CARD:

Hello there! Wanted to pop on here quick and share one of the cards we'll be making tonight at TNT! Tuesday. I'm going to be demonstrating a couple techniques using Reinkers. This card features the Baby Wipe Technique. I started with a Granny Apple Green base and ran the cardstock through the Big Shot using the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder.

I stamped the tree trunk with Soft Suede ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I then folded a baby wipe in half and laid it in a Full Wide Stamp Case. I added drops from ink refills using Melon Mambo, Grapefruit Grove & Highland Heather, keeping them in a triangle formation. I then inked up the greenery image, making sure to rotate the stamp to get all colors on the stamp. I then stamped it on top of the trunk and cut it out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I stamped the swing with Soft Suede ink as well.


I added a strip of Granny Apple Green Textured Weave Ribbon to the card base with Glue Dots. On top of that I added the sentiment with Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I tied a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine through a Tropical Elements Button and tied a bow. I attached it with Glue Dots and added a few Iridescent Sequins with Liquid Tombow.

The Baby Wipe Technique has been around awhile-kinda like me...an oldie but a goodie, haha. But the effect is so much fun and each time it's unique. I can't wait to see all the different trees they'll make tonight:) Make sure to stop back tomorrow for a variation of this technique-the Baby Wipe Swipe Technique. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment