Wednesday, July 18, 2018

HEDGEHUGS MINI GABLE BOX:

Hello there! We had a great time at TNT! last night playing with a couple different techniques using Ink Refills. I just gave away a bunch of Ink Refills in our brand new colors on my Facebook Group SU!P Friends Page, and figured I'd share some ideas for using them. I made these cute little favors for all the attendees using the Silver Mini Gable Boxes and the stamp set Hedgehugs.

Yesterday I shared the Baby Wipe Technique, and this is a variation called the Baby Wipe Swipe. I cut a baby wipe into fourths and folded it up to form a small square. I added a few drops of Pineapple Punch Reinker to the end and dabbed some of the excess off onto Grid Paper. I then simply swiped it across the cardstock, forming an arch. I repeated the process with Flirty Flamingo, overlapping the Pineapple, and then swiped a third time with Coastal Cabana. This is a great technique for creating backgrounds on your projects.

I used the Everyday Label Punch to punch the tag from Whisper White Cardstock and stamped the sentiment with Coastal Cabana ink. I colored the bird with a Coastal Cabana Marker and the branch with Crumb Cake & Lemon Lime Twist Markers. I cut it out with Paper Snips and attached it to the tag with Mini Dimensionals. I added a couple of Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins.

I wrapped a piece of Bermuda Bay Mini Striped Ribbon around the box and tied a bow. I then tucked a Colored Doily underneath. I used the 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch to punch a hole in the top of the tag and tied it to the ribbon with a piece of Linen Thread.

This was a fun new twist on a classic technique that's been around for a long time. Make sure to stop back tomorrow for another card we made using the Marbeling Technique or Shaving Cream Technique,as it's also called. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment