Thursday, July 19, 2018

BLENDED SEASONS CARD:

Hello there! This is the other card we made the other night at TNT! featuring the Marbeling Technique using shaving cream. I started with a Cajun Craze base and stamped the background with the leaf pattern from the stamp set Blended Seasons. This exclusive limited-time bundle lends itself perfectly to this technique. I added a piece of Vellum Cardstock on top, keeping the Glue Dots in the center to conceal them.

Next I added a thick layer of shaving cream into a Full Wide Stamp Case. I added drops of Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Blackberry Bliss ink from Ink Refills onto the shaving cream and used a Palette Knife to marble the ink into the cream. I then laid a piece of Whisper White Cardstock on top and gently pressed it into the shaving cream. I carefully peeled it off and wiped off the excess shaving cream with the Palette Knife. Then I laid the cardstock onto a paper towel and wiped off the remaining shaving cream with another paper towel. I set it aside to dry.

I stamped the sentiment with Cajun Craze onto Whisper White Cardstock and used the coordinating Stitched Seasons Framelits to cut it out. I then stamped the background with Crushed Curry. I cut the adorable bow out of Crushed Curry Cardstock and wrapped a piece of Copper Trim around it. I stretched the ends to create a woven background. I attached it to the label with a Glue Dot. I then cut the marbled label out with the largest framelit and attached it to the vellum with Dimensionals.

I cut 3 leaves out of Gold Glimmer Paper and tucked them under the small label with Glue Dots. I finished it off with 3 Faceted Dots. This is such a fun technique because every pattern is unique. You can swirl the inks into the shaving cream more if you want less white in the background. So fun! This is another idea for how you can put the Blended Seasons Bundle to use. Remember you save 10% when you buy the stamp set & framelits together, and I'm throwing the class, new Watercolor Pencils & tutorials in for FREE! You'll get all this for $76! But it's only available in August. Let me know if you're interested! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment