Saturday, June 30, 2018

PICK A PENNANT BIRDHOUSE:

Hello there! This is the favor that I made for the attendees at TNT! last week. I showed them several techniques using the Stamparatus and I used it to get perfect placement on this banner.

I ran a piece of Whisper White Cardstock through the Big Shot using the Playful Pennants Framelits. I then butt the cardstock in the corner of the Stamparatus, using the foam pad since it's a photopolymer set. I placed the die cut banner back into the cardstock and centered the stamp from Pick A Pennant onto the first scallop. It took me a few tries to get each one centered, so I would recommend using scrap paper until you get everything in place.

I used all 4 plate surfaces and had to double-dip on some...I was just really careful to not get excess ink on the plates. I used Highland Heather, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Petal Pink, Pool Party & Pumpkin Pie inks.

I then went back and added the letters using the Make A Difference stamp set and stamped them with Call Me Clover ink. I gotta say getting those tiny sticky letters to stick to the cardstock and not my fingers was a bit of a challenge:)

I assembled a Clear Tiny Treat Box and added a piece of Wood Textures DSP, which I scored & folded first. Holding the DSP in place on the front of the box, I opened the bottom of the box so I could get the 1/8" Circle Handheld Punch inside to punch a hole in the DSP and front of the box at the same time. I reassembled the box and sawed off about an inch of a skewer and wedged it into the hole. I filled it with chocolate and closed the top of the lid. I made a tent out of Whisper White Cardstock, scoring at 1/4" on both ends, and adhered another design of DSP to it with Glue Dots.

I cut the DSP about a quarter of an inch longer than the cardstock on each end. I scored the back and attached it to the clear box with Glue Dots. I tucked the cardstock into the front of the box and let the DSP overhang.

For the bird I repeated the same process as above. I ran a piece of Whisper White Cardstock through the Big Shot using the bird from Playful Pennants Framelits. I butt the cardstock into the corner of the Stamparatus, put the die cut bird back in place and centered the stamp on the cardstock. I closed the plate to pick up the stamp and inked the outline with Pumpkin Pie ink. I then repeated the process for the inside of the bird and used Daffodil Delight ink. I tucked him behind the banner with a Mini Dimensional.

It did take a little practice to line everything up initially, but once I got everything in place, I was able to knock out a bunch quickly! Make sure to stop back tomorrow, I have lots more to share:) Thanks so much for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment