Wednesday, June 27, 2018

AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS CARD:

Hello there! This is another card I was going to demonstrate at TNT! last week, but we ran out of time. This card features the set Amazing Congratulations and was designed to work with the Stamparatus. It makes Two-Step stamping a snap! Actually, I call this technique Three-Step stamping, because I used 3 different colors to achieve this amazing sentiment. I started with a Calypso Coral base and added a layer of Tea Room DSP. I butt a piece of Whisper White Cardstock into the corner of the Stamparatus, using the foam mat since I used a photopolymer set. I have to be honest, it took me a few times to get the placement right. I tried stamping the inside first, then the outline, back to the inside and finally stamping the outline first worked best for me. I centered the sentiment on the cardstock, opened the plate, inked the stamp with Calypso Coral, closed the plate and pressed to stamp the outline.

Next I lifted the plate out of the hinge track and flipped it around. I centered the inside image beginning with the 'c'. I closed the plate to pick up the stamp and inked it with Blushing Bride ink. The grid lines on the plate really help with aligning the long stamp and keeping it straight. I then centered the third image inside the outline, closed the top plate and picked up the stamp. I inked it with Petal Pink ink, closed the plate and pressed to stamp. Like I mentioned above, it did take a few times to get everything aligned perfectly, but once you get it set, you can knock out a bunch of these! You might want to practice on a piece of scrap paper before using your good cardstock to prevent wasting it.

I stamped the background with Petal Pink ink. I stamped the smaller sentiment onto Calypso Coral Cardstock using the same color ink. I finished off this simple card with a few Gold Glimmer stars using the Wood Crate Framelits and Christmas Staircase Thinlits to cut them out.

Make sure to stop back tomorrow for another fun project showcasing the amazing Stamparatus! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment