Tuesday, June 26, 2018

BLOW OUT THE CANDLES CARD:

Hello there! Here's another card we made at TNT! last week. I showed several techniques using the Stamparatus, and I demonstrated how to get an Ombre Effect using the Hinge Technique. I started with a Melon Mambo base. I butt the folded card into the corner and placed the candle image on the bottom left edge of the card. I moved the side plate down several hinges and picked up the stamp with the plate, inked the stamp with Melon Mambo ink and closed the plate to stamp the image. I then lifted the plate, removed it from the hinge track and moved it up one hinge. I repeated the process to make the cute striped border on the edge of the card.

Next, I placed the top sentiment where I wanted it on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I picked up the stamp with the plate and inked it generously with Melon Mambo ink. I closed the plate and pressed gently to stamp the sentiment. I then lifted the plate and moved it down 1 hinge, pressed and repeated 3 times, pressing hardest the third time to get the faint image.

I removed the stamps from the plates, and placed a piece of scrap Whisper White Cardstock in the corner of the Stamparatus. I placed the cake image on the cardstock and closed the side plate to pick it up. I inked the stamp with Pacific Point, closed the plate & pressed to stamp the image. I then placed the solid cake image onto the cake outline. I closed the top plate to pick up the stamp, inked it with Crushed Curry ink and closed it to stamp the cake. I lifted the plate out of the hinge track and flipped it. I placed the frosting stamp onto the cake outline, and repeated the process using Melon Mambo ink.

As I mentioned yesterday, the Simply Shammy works perfectly as a portable cleaner to wipe off the stamps & plates without having to disrupt the stamp placement. I used the Candles & Confetti Framelits to cut out the cake image and the cake stand from Pacific Point Cardstock. I added the cake with a Dimensional and added a few sequins from the Iridescent Sequin Assortment using tiny drops of Liquid Tombow. I finished it off with a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine and tied a bow. I'm really having lots of fun with this amazing new tool! Check back for more ideas. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment