Sunday, February 25, 2018

BLOSSOMING BASKET FAVOR:

Hello there! I'm sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday as planned. I've had to cancel events this month due to weather & illness and scheduled 2 events back-to-back and ran out of time last night. Happy to report that both events were held as scheduled! This was the favor that I gave all of the attendees at TNT! on Saturday.

We made this card using Pink Pirouette & Old Olive Blends on the gorgeous Springtime Foils DSP. It's one of the new second-release Sale-A-Brations options that you can get for FREE with a $50 purchase.

We also used the Color Me Happy Bundle, a perfect set to help us perfect our blending skills:)

I found the tutorial for this sweet little box from Erica Cerwin at www.pinkbuckaroo.blogspot.com. I wanted to use the new SAB products as they'll only be around for 6 weeks. The Blossoming Basket Bundle worked perfectly for this project!

I ran a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock through the Big Shot using the Basket Weave Dynamic Embossing Folder. I then made the box according to Erica's tutorial. I stamped the basket image with the Blossoming Basket stamp set onto Whisper White Cardstock with Memento Black ink. I colored it in with Crumb Cake, Old Olive & Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends, using both light & dark markers. I punched it out with a circle punch.

One of my favorite things about the Blends is that you can color embellishments to match 12 SU! colors. You can customize pearls, rhinestones, buttons & even ribbon! I used the brush end of several different blends on the 3/8" Metallic-Edge Ribbon to coordinate the ribbon color with the  flowers. I used the Gold/Very Vanilla ribbon because I had it on hand, but the Silver/Whisper White ribbon would probably give you a closer match.

Another amazing feature of these markers is how smooth they are. You get even coverage with no streaks, and they dry almost instantly, which was perfect for coloring the ribbon.  I colored the Basic Pearls with Daffodil Delight Blends.

I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black onto Crumb Cake Cardstock and adhered with a Dimensional. I stamped the adorable little tag with Basic Black as well, cut it out with Paper Snips and tucked it under the sentiment. We really had a great time and had fun learning about all the different ways to use these amazing Stampin' Blends. I hope you'll make plans to join us at the next TNT! Tuesday on March 20th. Stop back tomorrow for another fun favor from my event I held today. Thanks so much for stopping by!















No comments:

Post a Comment