Friday, August 11, 2017

BEST BIRDS CARD:

Hello there! Happy Friday to you:) I thought this was the perfect card to welcome the week-end:) This is another card you can make at my Card Buffet in September. I used the set Best Birds and the coordinating Birds & Blooms Thinlits. I started with a Very Vanilla Base and added another layer of Vanilla that I stamped with the Hardwood Background Stamp. I inked it up with Soft Suede and lightly rubbed a piece of scrap paper over it to remove some of the ink to get a softer background.

I stamped the background behind the bird full strength with Soft Suede ink, along with the bird & branch. I stamped the flowers with Pool Party ink onto the same color cardstock and used the thinlits to cut them all out. I stamped the sentiment with Soft Suede onto Very Vanilla and used the 1 1/4" Circle Punch to punch it out.

I colored the bird with Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie and Bermuda Bay Watercolor Pencils. I used Early Espresso, Old Olive & Bermuda Bay for the branch & buds. I then blended the colors using a Blender Pen. I attached the sentiment with SNAIL, the branch with Glue Dots and the bird with Dimensionals. I used Glue Dots and Dimensionals to add the flowers.

I ran a piece of Basics Pack 2 Washi tape to the upper corner and overlapped it with a piece of Crumb Cake that I tied a Linen Thread bow around. I adhered it with a Dimensional. This usually isn't a set that I'd be drawn to, but I really like how it turned out:) I still have a few more cards to share so make sure to stop back tomorrow. Thanks so much for coming by:)

1 comment: