Thursday, May 11, 2017

LOVE & AFFECTION CARD:

Hello there! Here's another card from my Card Buffet featuring the set Love & Affection, which will be retiring, along with several other products. I started with a Crumb Cake base. On top of that I added a piece of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock. I lined up one of the Floral Affection Embossing Folders along the bottom and ran it through the Big Shot to get the lovely floral design. I'm really sad this is going away-this was the first time I got to use it:(

I added a piece of the coordinating Affectionately Yours DSP over the top third of the cardstock. I then wrapped a piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine around a strip of Night of Navy Cardstock and tied a bow. I stamped the sentiment with Watermelon Wonder ink onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and flagged the ends. I stamped the sweet little flowers with Mint Macaron & Daffodil Delight ink. I attached it with Dimensional pieces along the edge, clearing the baker's twine.

I had found this card on the SU! blog and thought it would be a pretty quick & simple card for my buffet, but I decided to add some Affectionately Yours Washi Tape. I simply folded a couple strips in half, trimmed the bottoms and tucked them under the sentiment with Glue Dots. I finished it off with a couple of pearls from the Sprinkles Embellishments using Liquid Tombow.

Sadly the Love & Affection stamp set will be retiring at the end of the month, along with the Affectionately Yours DSP & Washi Tape. The Floral Affection Embossing Folders, Sprinkles Embellishments and Crushed Curry Baker's Twine are leaving as well, so make sure to get them while you still can. Make sure to swing by tomorrow for another card. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment