Saturday, May 7, 2016

BEAR HUGS CARD:

Hello there! I wanted to share the Paper Pumpkin project today with a card I made to go along with it for Mother's Day but I'm having computer issues, so I had to switch gears. I guess this one is more appropriate anyway, because I could really use a hug:) Our daughter Emily told us earlier in the week that her & Russell have filed for divorce. My heart is breaking:( I'm really struggling with him not being in our lives after he's been a part of our family for the past 6 years. It feels like a death for me:(....So, back to the card...I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a piece of Farmer's Market DSP. Speaking of Farmer's Market...we had the first one of the season on Thursday, and I didn't sell a single card:( But my hubby did well with his candles & cut bottles and Joel sold a print~so I was happy for them!

On top of the DSP I added a layer of Very Vanilla Cardstock that I stamped with the bonus PP set All About Everything, in Soft Sky. I stamped the bears from Bear Hugs with Early Espresso ink onto Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I used the coordinating framelits to cut them out. I'm so happy these sets will be carried over to the new catalog:) I stamped the skirt & bow in Early Espresso onto Cherry Cobbler. I used the Owl Builder Punch for the hearts.

I stamped the flowers with Early Espresso onto Vary Vanilla and used the framelits to cut them out. I colored them with Lost Lagoon, Crushed Curry & Wild Wasabi Markers. I stamped the sentiment with Early Espresso onto Crumb Cake and attached with Dimensionals.

To add salt to the wound, Gabey's world no longer revolves around me:( He said he wanted to do something with him, Mommy & Papa. I asked if I could come too and he said "Me, Mommy & Papa". Ouch:( I knew this day would come, but kinda thought he'd at least wait til he's a teenager. I'm so thankful to have my little buddy Q who adores me still. Every time I see him he lights up and says 'Djamma!' and runs to me to give me a big hug & kiss:) I'm going to cherish these times for as long as I can:) And for the first time, Elise held both of her arms out to me this week! So I 've got lots of snuggles coming from these two for awhile:)

I found this on Facebook and will hang onto these words....

   "God knows who belongs in your life and who doesn't. Trust and let go. Whoever is meant to be there, will still be there."   Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment