Thursday, December 17, 2015

PEACEFUL PINES CARDS:

Hello there! I've got another pair to share today. I used the set Peaceful Pines again and there are just so many things you can do with this set! Unfortunately I'm not gonna find out, as I'm running out of time crazy fast! For this card I started with a Basic Black base and used the Chalkboard Technique by using a Sponge Dauber in Whisper White Craft ink and smearing it all over the cardstock to resemble a chalkboard. I then added a layer of DSP from the Brights Color Collection DSP Stack.

I then added another layer of Basic Black and stamped the border with the Project Life set Seasonal Snapshot With Whisper White Craft ink. I stamped the tree onto a piece of Basic Black as well and sprinkled both with White Embossing Powder and used the Heat Tool to set. I used the coordinating Perfect Pines Framelits to cut out the tree.  I then cut out the tag with the help of the Big Shot and Chalk Talk Framelits.

I used the circle image from Pretty Thankful and centered it on the tag, heat-embossing it as well. I used the Sponge Dauber in Whisper White Craft ink to chalk up all the layers and added a piece of Real Red Pompom Trim with Everyday Chic Washi Tape to the top of the tag. I made a couple small slits in the washi tape so it would lay flat. I then tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine around the tree and attached it to the tag with Dimensionals.

 I attached the tag to the base with Dimensionals and added a Real Red Cardstock star punched with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and added an Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Sticker on top. I finished it off by stamping the tree image again in Real Red ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I used the Word Window Punch to punch it out, and put it in the punch a second time with a post-it note to trim it down. I attached it to the tree with Dimensionals.

For this card I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a piece of Merry Moments DSP. I added a piece of Season of Cheer Washi Tape to the top of the DSP. I stamped one tree with Garden Green ink onto the same cardstock, one in Old Olive onto Old Olive and one in Whisper White Craft ink onto Mossy Meadow Cardstock. I used the Perfect Pines Framelits to cut them all out.

I adhered the trees to the DSP~ the Old Olive tree with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment with Mossy Meadow ink onto Crumb Cake Cardstock, punched it out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch, and attached with Dimensionals.

I then wrapped a piece of Garden Green Striped Ribbon around the card and adhered with Glue Dots. I added a Snowflake Element over the seam with Glue Dots and added a bow to the top. I finished it off by stamping the tiny snowflakes in the background with Crumb Cake ink.

Well I'm planning on deciding which cards are going to be the fastest & easiest to knock out and hopefully make some progress today & tomorrow~although, my little buddy Q wants to help, so we'll see how far I get:) Thanks so much for stopping by:)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Cute!!! You have such an eclectic style Laura!!!
    I absolutely LOVE the detail that you put into your cards.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete