Thursday, June 4, 2015

SPRINKLES OF LIFE CARD #4:



Hello there! Here's the final card that comes with this month's CLASS OF THE MONTH:SPRINKLES OF LIFE. I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the cherry/apple image in the same ink for a background. I added a strip of Cherry On Top Washi Tape along the bottom and added a piece of Cherry On Top DSP above it. I then cut a strip of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock with Fringe Scissors and tucked a piece of Cucumber Crush Dotted Lace Trim behind it.

I cut a rectangle out of Crumb Cake Cardstock and centered a Squares Framelit over the top and ran it through the Big Shot to cut out the window. I stamped the tree in Tip Top Taupe ink and the flowers in Cucumber Crush and Watermelon Wonder, which I stamped off first. I stamped the leaf image in Cucumber Crush onto the same cardstock and punched it out with the Tree Builder Punch. I adhered it to the trunk using Glue Dots.

I stamped the sentiment in Tip Top Taupe and tied a Whisper White Baker's Twine bow around the frame. I added a pair of Calypso Coral Candy Dots from the Subtles collection~a pretty close match:) I made the little basket by stamping the image in Tip Top Taupe onto the same cardstock and cut it out. I stamped 16 cherries in Watermelon Wonder ink onto the same color cardstock and used the Tree Builder Punch to pop them out. I added them to the tree and basket using Glue Dots.

As you can see, Sprinkles of Life is a very versatile set and it supports a great cause as well~win/win! As I said, this is the last CLASS OF THE MONTH. If you're interested in this class, please let me know by June 10th. I'm sad to end these monthly classes as they were a challenge to me every month to come up with a variety of designs for a single stamp set. It stretched my creativity and helped me to think outside of the box. I seem to do really well at figuring out what DOESN'T work, lol.

I've got another idea rolling around in my head though:) Check back here tomorrow for the details. Thanks so much for stopping by:)


No comments:

Post a Comment