Wednesday, June 3, 2015

SPRINKLES OF LIFE CARD #3:

Hello there! I have another card to share with you that you can make with the June CLASS OF THE MONTH:SPRINKLES OF LIFE. I've been noticing a shift in cardmaking lately: getting away from a lot of layering and alot of blank space. So I thought I'd give this clean and simple approach a try. I ended up really liking this style and this card:) I started with a Whisper White base and added a piece of DSP from the Cherry On Top DSP Stack.

Next, I cut some strips from the Neutrals Color Collection DSP Stack. This was a product that demonstrators could preorder from the brand new catalog and this time around they added silver and gold papers in place of the Whisper White & Very Vanilla papers~FUN! I tore the ends and layered them on the base. I then stamped the fluffy clouds with VersaMark and covered them with Heat & Stick Powder. I used the Heat Tool to liquify it and quickly added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and heat-set it again. I then used the Tree Builder Punch to pop them out.

I then used a bottle of Liquid Tombow to trace one of the swirly lines and add some of the dots. I sprinkled glitter over the top and let it dry.  I attached the clouds with Dimensionals and stamped the sentiment in Smoky Slate ink onto Crushed Curry Cardstock. I used the Word Window Punch to cut it out and flagged one end. I added a Crushed Curry Baker's Twine bow through a Vintage Faceted Button and attached with a Glue Dot.

Next, I punched out 3 mini hearts using the Hearts Border Punch in Watermelon Wonder Cardstock~really loving this new color! I attached them to a trio of Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers and adhered them in place using Liquid Tombow. Once the glue was dry, I cleaned up the excess glitter on the card using a small paintbrush. I hope you like this fresh & clean style~give it a try:) Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment