Friday, May 8, 2015

YOUR PERFECT DAY CARDS:

Hello there! Back again to share some samples of my favorite retiring stamp sets. These were all made with Your Perfect Day, found in the Occasions Catalog. You may recognize a couple of the cards which are featured on page 44. I can't take credit for the other ones either...they were made by SU! artists for our monthly demonstrator magazine Stampin' Success. I dearly love them all and will be hanging on to this set for any upcoming weddings I have.

This card was made with a Sahara Sand base with a strip of Something Borrowed DSP added. I used the Big Shot and Hearts Collection Framelits to cut the heart out of a piece of Pear Pizzazz DSP from the Subtles DSP Stack. I would have used Pistachio Pudding DSP to coordinate with the rest of the cards, but I didn't have any DSP in that color. Pretty much of all the retiring In colors products are gone anyway, so Pear Pizzazz makes a good substitute in case you don't have it.

For the insert, I lightly traced the heart in pencil and then stamped the sentiment in Sahara Sand onto a square of Whisper White Cardstock that was almost as big as the Pear Pizzazz piece~that way I had some wiggle room in case I stamped crooked...which I did:) I used Pear Pizzazz ink to stamp the dainty little leaves and stamped the flowers in Crisp Cantaloupe. I cut them out with my Paper Snips and attached with Liquid Tombow. I added Basic Pearls to the centers. I stamped the banner sentiment in Sahara Sand ink onto Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock and cut it out with the Bitty Banners Framelits Dies. I added a piece of a White Tea Lace Doily to the heart.

I placed Dimensionals on the back of the Pear piece and carefully attached to the Whisper White Cardstock~not gonna lie...not an easy task. I then tied a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Baker's Twine around it in a bow. I added a few more Dimensionals and attached to the card front. I then adhered the banner by putting some Liquid Tombow on the right side and part of a Dimensional on the left.

SU! informed us that they're no longer going to provide lists of supplies for the projects in the catalogs. To be honest, I rarely ever looked anyway, but I would have liked to know a little more about this sample. I love the soft look of this card and couldn't tell if they just stamped off or used vellum. I chose to go with vellum. I started with a Whisper White base and stamped the wreath in Pistachio Pudding. I added the flowers in Crisp Canteloupe and Blushing Bride ink.

I heat-embossed the sentiment onto a piece of Vellum Cardstock using VersaMark and Gold Embossing Powder. I looked all over for the DSP they used on the bottom and finally realized it wasn't DSP at all, but Sweet Dreams Washi Tape...that I had~YAY!  I added tiny dots of Liquid Tombow to the top and bottom of the vellum and tied a piece of White Baker's Twine over the seam.

Finally, I stamped the banner sentiment in Pistachio Pudding and adhered with Liquid Tombow. I added a few sequins with Liquid Tombow as well. Love, love, love these cards:)

I started with a Sahara Sand base for this card and added a strip of Gold Fancy Foil Vellum. The smple used silver, which I didn't have any more of. The gold kind of clashed with the Sahara Sand, so I just flipped the vellum over and went with a subtle pearlized effect. I thought it looked a little too plain, so I added the scallop border using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, which I adhered again with tiny dots of Liquid Tombow. I then applied Liquid Tombow to the gold hearts and adhered to the base.

(Looks like I forgot to finish cropping?) For the focal point, I stamped the wreath in Pistachio Pudding onto Whisper White Cardstock. I then stamped the monogram in Sahara Sand using the Sophisticated Serifs Alphabet, also found in the Occasions Catalog. I cut it out with paper Snips and placed Dimensionals on the back making sure to stay away from the center, leaving room for the twine. I wrapped a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Baker's Twine around the base and tied it in a bow. I then adhered the monogram on top.

I was going to skip cutting out all those little flowers again, by using one of the small circles in the Owl Builder Punch, but I broke down and had to cut them all out. I attached them with Liquid Tombow and added Basic Pearls to the centers.

For this sweet little thank you, I used the Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes. I used the single stamp Watercolor Thank You for the sentiment in Sahara Sand. I stamped the flower in Crisp Cantaloupe and I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to make sure I stamped the leaves where I wanted them. I used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch on the bottom corners. For the envelope, I traced the flap onto a piece of Something Borrowed DSP, cut it out and adhered with SNAIL.

(OMGosh, what is up with this cropping?) How ironic that this says OCD when everything is crooked, off center and kinda terrible! I was messing around and thought these would be cool to make for Olivia if her & Dominique ever get married, but quickly found out they'd be a nightmare. It was a nice thought! Remember, Your Perfect Day and Sophisticated Serif Alphabet are in the Occasions Catalog and only available til June 3rd. I got a sneak peek at the brand new catalog, and these didn't carry over:( Check back for more favorites that will only be around a little while longer. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment