Tuesday, May 5, 2015

BERRY BASKET HOSTESS GIFT:

Hello there! I wanted to pop in here quick and share the Hostess gift I made last month. I knew I wanted to use the adorable Berry Basket Die, but it's so big to fill. I'd seen a cute berry template floating around out there, but didn't know how big it was. Luckily, it was the perfect size for this project:) I got on Pinterest and just typed Strawberry or Berry Template, and printed it off.

I used Soft Suede Cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder. I then cut a strip of Real Red Cardstock and used the Fringe Scissors on it. I adhered it to the inside of the basket using Liquid Tombow. Next, I attached a Tea Lace Paper Doily and wrapped some Real Red Cotton Ribbon around it, with Liquid Tombow as well. I made a handle and attached with Mini Brads.

I used Fresh From the Garden and the coordinating Handpicked Framelits...and saved 15%:) I stamped off the Real Red once for the garland and stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede onto Whisper White Cardstock. I used some of the other styles abd cut them out from Soft Suede Cardstock and Real Red DSP from the Brights DSP Stack. I stacked them with Glue Dots in between and adhered to the basket. I added a bow with a Glue Dot and made the tiny greens using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack in Old Olive Cardstock and added a matching Candy Dot.

I made up 4 strawberries using Real Red DSP from the Brights DSP Stack. After I traced and cut them out, I used a Bone Folder to bend the paper. I punched a hole on each tip of the berry and strung Old Olive Baker's Twine through them. Before I gathered it shut, I added 4 Rolos to each strawberry. I made 4 tops that I ran through the Big Shot using the Flower Fair Framelits in Old Olive Cardstock. I used the 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch again for the holes, and tied the baker's twine in a bow.

I'm hoping to get some cards made using some of my favorite retiring stamps sets in the next few days and will share if I get that far:) I'm so far behind...that's what a vacation will do for you:) Thanks so much for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment