Sunday, May 10, 2015

FLOWER PATCH CARD:

Hello there and Happy Mother's Day to you:) My thoughts go out to you who no longer have your mother here with you, but pray you have many happy memories today:) This is the card I made for my mom. She always loves to plant flowers in the spring, so I knew where to start. And the stamp set Flower Patch made it super simple to make some sweet flowers. I started with a So Saffron base and added a piece of the retired SAB DSP, Best Day Ever. Sorry to use something that's retired, but hopefully you got in on some during Sale-A-Bration:)

I used the Big Shot and Berry Basket Die in Crumb Cake Cardstock to make the fun little basket. I simply folded on the score line and cut the excess off. I used the Handheld Stapler and Mini Staples to add the finishing touch. I used Pool Party, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding ink for the flowers on Whisper White Cardstock. The sweet little stake was stamped in Pear Pizzazz ink and cut out with the Handpicked Framelits from the Occasions Catalog. I used the Flower Fair Framelits that are bundled with Flower Patch for the various flowers and leaves.

I heat-embossed the center of the flowers by using VersaMark and Crushed Curry Embossing Powder. I layered the flowers with Dimensionals and tucked a piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine underneath. I basically just tied a bow with really big loops and secured underneath with a dot of Liquid Tombow.  I added a bow made with Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon and finished it off with a few sequins I had left over from the Holiday Catalog.

For the inside, I made another faux basket, but for this one I added a thin line of Liquid Tombow to the edges to make a pocket to hold a gift card.

For the sentiment underneath, I used the retired Hostess set Something to Celebrate (sorry).

Thankfully, Flower Patch and Flower Fair Framelits aren't retiring, but unfortunately, From the Garden is:( The images on the envelope are from that set and can be found in the Occasions Catalog. It'll only be available til June 2nd, so act quick if you want to use them with the Handpicked Framelits, which will still be available in the new catalog.

There's several other retiring products used on this card:
From the Garden
Crushed Curry Baker's Twine
Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon
Crushed Curry Embossing Powder

Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy your day:)


No comments:

Post a Comment