Monday, November 17, 2014

WONDROUS WREATH CARD:

Hello there! Over the next 4 days I'll be sharing the cards we made at Club Card Night with you. This card was made with Wondrous Wreath and the coordinating Wonderful Wreath Framelits~you save 15% if you Bundle and buy them both:) I started with a Lost Lagoon base and added a layer of Smoky Slate Cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot using the lovely Filigree Frame Embossing Folder.

I first stamped the wreath in Soft Sky onto Whisper White Cardstock. I then did the 2nd layer in Pear Pizzazz, being careful to keep the tabs on the stamps at the top center. Next I cut out the wreath, and here is where it gets a little tricky. SU! reccommends cutting the center of the wreath out first and then do the stamping, but I had no success with that. What I did was use the center framelit piece and centered it on the wreath as best as I could~it's hard to tell because you can't see through it. I then used a pencil and lightly traced around the framelit. Then I could tell if I needed to shift it a bit. Once I got the framelit where I wanted it, I ran it through the Big Shot and it cut the center of the wreath center out along with the pencil lines:)

Once it was all stamped and cut out, I added the berries image with Silver Metallic Encore ink. It takes a little longer to dry and this way it won't get silver ink on the framelits and transfer onto a project that you don't want silver ink on:) I then stamped the sentiment in Lost Lagoon ink onto Vellum Cardstock and let it sit a bit to dry. I added a bow made from Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon and attached it with a Glue Dot. I added the wreath to the card front with Dimensionals and added the banner with Glue Dots. I strategically hid the Glue Dots under the sequin and bow. I sprinkled a couple more Frosted Sequins and adhered them with Glue Dots as well. I hope this card helps you get in the holiday spirit if you're not already there:) Thanks so much for stopping by! See you again tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment