Friday, November 14, 2014

HOSTESS APPRECIATION NIGHT:

Hello there! Sorry for the little break, but boy do I have lots to share with you! Last night I had my Hostess Appreciation Night for my beloved Club Members:) I have the Many Merry Stars Kit to thank for the bulk of my decorations:) This awesome kit can be found in the Holiday Supplement~but you need to act fast as these products are only available as supplies last.

I used the bulk of the stars for decorating, but saved a few for my Club Members and Downline.

I also made some fun primitive trees~I'll share more about them later, or you'll be here all day!

I had the gals come a little early so they could open some gifts and enjoy some goodies...more on that in a bit:)

I had them each pick a number and pick a present. They were able to steal from someone or open a new package. I had a few extras and let them pick from them as well. They all played nice and I don't think anyone stole from anyone, but they all went home with something they liked:) I'll share more details of the packaging and tags later.

I used the Under the Tree Tag A Bag Accessory Kit to decorate the Petite Cafe Gift Bags and to guide me in my color scheme: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Garden Green and Pistachio Pudding.

I filled the bags with our holiday favorite~chocolate crack, which my husband was so sweet to make for me:) He yields bigger batches than me because I eat it as fast as I make it...

I also made each of them one of these sweet little snowmen made with the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlit Dies. They were such a snap to make. I just added a cute little face with the 1/16" and 1/4" Circle Handheld Punches and Basic Black Cardstock. I used a Sponge Dauber in Pink Pirouette for the cheeks and the Boho Blossoms Punch for his nose. I used Punpkin Pie Cardstock and cut one of the petals out of the biggest flower, to resemble a carrot and added some detail with a Pumpkin Pie Marker.

I placed him on top of a stand made to resemble a scarf using Trim the Tree DSP Stack and Fringe Scissors. I added a couple of buttons using Glue Dots.

I made little tags provided with the dies and used the Many Merry Stars stamp set that coordinates with the Kit. I had left over red stars, so I added Crystal Effects on top of them, let them dry and cut them out. I attached them on top of the snowflake and added a Garden Green greeting.

I finished him off with an Early Espresso Cotton Ribbon bow and attached the tag with Crumb Cake Thick Baker's Twine that comes with the Tag A Bag Accessory Kit.

Here's a peek at everyone's placesetting...

I cut a 3-sided flap in the back of the stars to be able to fill them with treats. They hold 9 Rolos:)

2 Ghiradelli Squares fit inside the snowmen:)

The 'crack bags' hold approximately 2 cups, depending on how far down you roll the bag. Wow, I kinda sound like a drug dealer, lol.

I love how SU! coordinates everything for us~it helps take a little of the madness out of the season!

As much fun as this all was, I think the highlight of the evening may have been the Scooby Snacks:) They call for an ounce of Midori, an ounce of Malibu Rum and an ounce of pineapple juice. Top it with whipped cream, and I added sprinkles to make it extra festive. I also added a little extra pineapple juice so they'd be able to stamp, lol. Just stir and enjoy:) Make sure to stop back to see the cards we made, more details on packaging and tags, details on the trees and another big fun project I'm working on:) Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. OMG, I need to read it all later but your photos are fabulous; well, they are your projects that are fabulous... but that drink???? Yep, totally had me curious enough to read that paragraph. I love the details and the sharing, thanks so much. Your celebration affair looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great Job! I love your presentation and goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Boni & Donna:):) I didn't join them in the drinks as I needed as many brain cells as I could find, but I'm ready for one today:)

    ReplyDelete