Thursday, November 20, 2014

BIG NEWS EASEL CARD:

Hello there! I was needing a wedding card a couple of months ago and the bride used the popular chalkboard theme. I remembered Becky Roberts had a really cool chalkboard easel card and I used her design. You can see her amazing designs here: http://www.inkingidaho.blogspot.com/2013/03/chalkboard-card-tutorial.html
I pretty much followed her instructions except I cut longer pieces for the horizontal strips and layered the vertical strips on top. I used a Basic Black base and the wood was made with the Hardwood Background Stamp. I stamped the image in Soft Suede ink onto Soft Suede Cardstock and cut 2 strips at 5 1/2" x 1/2" and 2 strips at 6" x 1/2" and cut off the excess.

I used Whisper White Craft ink and heat embossed the sentiment with White Embossing Powder. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the sentiment centered, being careful to leave at least 1/2" on all sides. I found it easiest to do the stamping and embossing before adhereing the wood frame. I used a Sponge Dauber in the Whisper White Craft ink to achieve the chalkboard technique.

Next, I punched out banners from Back To Black DSP using the Banner Punch. I used the Paper-piercing Tool & Mat to poke holes in the top of one of the banners, and laid it on top as a template for the rest. I added a bit of tacky glue to the ends of a piece of Basic Black Baker's Twine and twisted the ends to form a sharp point to ease in threading the twine through the holes. I poked holes in the top corners of the easel and attached the banner with Mini Brads. I added a couple of little bows to each side and attached with Glue Dots. I finished it off with a Blushing Bride heart punched with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and adorned it with a Basic Rhinestone. Many thanks go out to Becky for her awesome design and directions:) Thanks so much for stopping by. I've got lots more to share with you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment