Saturday, November 22, 2014

A YEAR OF FAVORS-VALENTINE'S DAY:

Hello there! As I mentioned yesterday, we had a surprise birthday party for Dominique and also celebrated all the holidays and occasions he missed for the past 2 1/2 years. Here's what I came up with for Valentine's Day.

We had the intentions to buy stuff for every holiday that came along and save it til Dominique got home, but that didn't happen. So I had to make my own box of chocolates. Oh, who am I kidding? As if I could have kept a box of chocolates around for 2 1/2 years. I used the Hearts Collection Framelits along with the Big Shot to cut out 2 of the scalloped hearts using Red Glimmer Paper.

I took a long 1 1/2", strip of Real Red Cardstock, scored and folded at 1/4" along both edges, and cut notches about every 1/2 inch. I used Liquid Tombow to attach to the heart pieces to make a box, which I filled with candy of course. I made a banner out of Whisper White Cardstock and used an oldie, but goodie alphabet set~Go Go Boots. I cut his name out of Early Espresso Cardstock and adhered the banner with Dimensionals. I added a bow made with Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.

And here's where I really outdid myself:) I was planning on making little treat bags with bite-sized pieces of Twizzlers licorice but I accidentally grabbed the long pieces:( But it ended up being a great thing, cuz I was able to make these sweet hearts on a stick:)

I foled 2 pieces of Twizzlers in half for one side of the heart, 2 more for the other side and carefully slid them into a Cellophane Bag. The older ones we used to carry worked best, but the current 4" x 6" Cellophane bags worked too. I gathered the bottom of the bag together and cinched it as tight as I could  I tied a piece of Blushing Bride Baker's Twine around it and added a tag made with the set Yippee-Skippee! I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock using Real Red ink and cut it out with the Banners Framelits.

I then simply stuck a skewer up through the bag and put a bunch in a vase. Sometimes our mistakes end up being a really good thing:)

Stop back tomorrow and see what I made for St. Patrick's Day. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment