Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ZOO BABIES CARD:

Hello there! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I sent an assortment of cards to my sister-in-law in Georgia for Christmas. I have several that I haven't shared with you yet, so I'll be doing that over the next week or so. This is a sweet little card made with Zoo Babies. It's pretty easy to make a cute card with this set because of all the adorable animals. I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a piece of Birthday Basics DSP with Dimensionals. I stamped the little critters in Crisp Cantalope, Bermuda Bay, Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit onto Whisper White Cardstock. I punched them out with a 1 3/4" Circle Punch and attached them with Dimensionals as well.


I restamped the images or parts of them and popped them up with Dimensionals to add some character. For the rhino, I added a Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon accent. For the giraffe, I added some Crisp Cantalope Ruffle Trim. For the gator, I made a banner with a toothpick and a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock cut out with the Big Shot and Bitty Banner Framelits. For the elephant, I added a Raspberry Ripple heart punched with the Owl Builder Punch.


I made this insert for the inside.

Before I adhered the DSP, I rounded the corners with the 3/16" Corner Punch and used the Chalk Talk Framelits to punch the slot for the Summer Starfruit Stitched Ribbon to go through. Such a fun card to make to welcome a new little baby. Tomorrow I'll share one for a baby girl. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

3 comments: