Monday, May 27, 2013

PERFECT PUNCHES/HEARTS A FLUTTER CARD:

Hello there! Happy Memorial Day to you! I was hoping for a nice quiet day, but it looks like that isn't going to be the case. I'm going to be breaking into a bottle of wine soon, so I thought I'd better post this first. A friend of mine was needing a graduation card for this week-end, so this is what I came up with. I got the layout from one of our Stampin' Success magazines. I started with a Baja Breeze:( base and added some Patio Party DSP to the sides. I cut another design from the same DSP for the center panel and added borders on the sides using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. I used Hearts A Flutter and stamped the pennants in Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse. I ran them through the Big Shot using the Hearts A Flutter Framelits.

I used the Paper-piercing Mat and Tool and added some White Baker's Twine to make a mini banner. I added a couple of pennants behind the banner using the Petite Pennants Builder Punch using Primrose Petals ink and the Baja print DSP. I used the soon to retire set Perfect Punches for the sentiment, first in Primrose, then again in Midnight Muse. I cut out the Midnight oval and attached it to the label using Glue Dots. I added a few Summer Starfruit flowers made with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and Basic Rhinestones.. Finally, I added a baker's twine bow to the end.

For the inside, I used Pure Gumption and Itty Bitties for the cute little banner at the top.

I was thinking this could also work for an Anniversary card, so I changed up a few things...

I changed up the colors of the pennants, added a couple of the heart images and added the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and now I have a perfect anniversary card.

Actually, this card would be perfect for just about any occasion, just change the sentiment to what you're needing.

I thought this sentiment from One In A Million worked perfectly for this card.  Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy the holiday!

2 comments:

  1. You remembered my Anniversary this week! lol Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! Happy Anniversary friend!

    ReplyDelete