Sunday, May 26, 2013

HAPPY YOU CARD:

Hello there! Here's a card made with the Hostess set Happy You, which is only going to be aroud til the end of May. I thought we needed something to cheer us up with all this rain lately. I also used the retiring set from the spring catalog Itty Bitties for the tiny umbrella in the corner. I started with a Basic Grey base and added some Sprinkles & Sunshine DSP on top of a Marina Mist border. I used the retiring Large Tag Punch for the cute little boot and layered some Marina Mist behind it also. I added a piece of Melon Mambo Scallop Dots Ribbon and stapled it to the tag.

I colored the image with Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Marina Mist and Old Olive Markers, and added a Subtles Button along with a strip of Melon Mambo to the center.

Next, I added some pennants cut out with the Big Shot and Hearts A Flutter Framelits and Petite Pennants Builder Punch. I added a piece of This & That Epic Day Washi Tape and did some fun stitching over the top with my awesome new sewing machine. I did a little stitching at the bottom of the card also. I finished it off with a Soda Pop Top and the umbrella image that I punched out with a 1/2" Circle Punch and popped up with a Dimensional.

I hope you enjoyed today's card, and I hope you enjoy a fun day tomorrow. After a night of 2 grandbabies, I'm hoping for a day of absolutely nothing and peace & quiet tomorrow. One can hope! Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment