Saturday, May 25, 2013

BEST OF EVERYTHING CARD:

Hello there! I made this card using Best of Everything, a set, I have to confess, I've hardly ever used. I don't know why, it's really cute. Our catalog is kinda slim-pickens right now with patriotic sets, so I opted to go rogue and come up with something on my own. Not sure that I pulled if off though. I was going for a flag with this design, but neither my hubby or son really got it, so I don't know. At least it's red, white and blue! I used the coordinating wheel Buttons and Blossoms and stamped it and the sentiment in Real Red. I stamped the label again in Midnight Muse and punched it out with the Curly Label Punch. I punched out the sentiment with the Small Oval Punch and popped it up with a Dimensional. I attached the label with Dimensionals also to make it pop a little.

I added a strip of Real Red DSP from the Brights Paper Stack and added a piece of Real Red Stitched Ribbon on top with a bow attached with a Glue Dot. I added a pair of buttons from the Brights and Neutrals Collections, which unfortunately, I'm going to have a ton of after they retire in a week. Make sure to swing by my Retirement Party and pick some up for FREE! I added some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine to the centers and attached them with Glue Dots.

I thought the flower image in the background kinda looked like fireworks when it was turned upside down. What do you think? Do you see a flag and fireworks or have I totally lost my mind? Maybe you better not answer that! Anyway, this was my attempt to kick off the Memorial Day week-end. Make sure to stop back by tomorrow. Thanks so much for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. You need to send that creativity my way girl! I saw it before I even started reading it! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kick booty friend! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete