Friday, May 24, 2013

MORNING CUP CARD:

Hello there! Back again with another retiring set~Morning Cup. This is another set that I'm not sure I can part with quite yet. And check out those adorable coffee beans made with Spring Sampler, another set that will retire at the end of May. They're actually jelly beans, but I drew a line down the center with a marker and Juan Valdez wouldn't be able to tell the difference!

I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the beans in Crumb Cake also. I drew the center line with a Crumb Cake Marker. I stamped the coffee pot and mugs in Early Espresso~had to use that color on this card somewhere, and colored inside the lines with a Crumb Cake Marker. I colored the cups with Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo Markers.


I used the brand new Gingham Garden DSP again on this card. Is it not the most darling paper eva? I added a Whisper White border around the tablecloth using the Scallop Trim Border Punch. I added a double scallop frame around the coffee pot using the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch in Daffodil Delight and the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch in Melon Mambo. I used the 1 3/4" Circle Punch for the coffee pot. I added a Mambo heart punched with the Owl Builder Punch and dotted the Daffodil scallop with a White Gel Pen. I attached it with Dimensionals.

 
I'm not a huge fan of the wheels, but I did use the Take A Sip Wheel for the border along the bottom of the envelope and managed to get it straight and inked evenly! This was such a fun card to make and hope you like how it turned out as much as I did. Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. I too am sad to see it go...but you did a CHARMING job on the beans...Juan's got nothin' on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LingOL! Thanks my friend. When are we hooking up?

    ReplyDelete