Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SO SORRY CARDS:

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by! I have a couple of sympathy cards to share with you today. I used the set So Sorry for this card. I started with a Very Vanilla base and stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede. I cut a couple of stems from Certainly Celery Cardstock and glued them in place with Tombow Liquid Glue. Next, I punched a border at the bottom of a piece of Vellum Cardstock with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. I ran a piece of Sticky Strip across the top of the Vanilla base and attached the Vellum. I added two more rows of scallops to the top of the card with Glue Dots and added some Basic Pearls.

I attached two of the lovely flowers from the Vanilla Flower Trim with Glue Dots along with a Linen Thread bow. I punched a few delicate flowers out of Vellum with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I added a Basic Pearl to the centers and attached them with Glue Dots.

Unfortunately I needed to send this to a friend who just lost her dad. Actually I needed 5 for the same family, so I changed each one up a bit. For some of them I made them horizontal and ran the Vellum through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder before I attached them to the base. One of them needed to be for a guy, so here's what I made for him...

I started with a Soft Suede base and tore one of the edges. I layered it with a piece of Naturals Ivory Cardstock and tried to tear it like the Soft Suede. I stamped the Soft Suede with the Woodgrain Background Stamp in Soft Suede ink. Next, I ran a piece of Natural Cotton Ribbon around the base overlapping the Ribbon and securing it with Sticky Strip. I ran some Linen Thread over the top of the Ribbon and tied it in a knot.

Next, I added some strips of Soft Suede to the button holes and attached them with Dimensionals, and then wrapped some Linen Thread around them in a figure 8.

I used the flower image from the set Love & Sympathy, and used Soft Suede ink.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment and wrapped the edge of the cardstock around a skewer to distress it a bit. I attached it to the Soft Suede base with SNAIL and that's about all there's to it. I like how the cards all coordinate, but each one is a little bit different.

Both of these cards will be options for you to choose from for the 'Kits/Cards To Go' this month. Make sure to stop back tomorrow to see more. Thanks so much for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment