Wednesday, January 30, 2013

PRETTY PETITES CARD:

Hello there! I have another 2-fer for you today! I have another Valentine card for you. I just can't help myself-I'm a sucker for this season of love :) This will be one of the options for the 'Kits/Cards To Go' this month, so if you're wanting this card, I'll make sure I get it to you in time. This card features the SAB set Pretty Petites and the coordinating Petite Curly Label Punch, which are yours for FREE with a $50 purchase. I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the sentiment and hearts in Crumb Cake ink. The sentiment is from Seasonal Sayings which was in the Holiday Catalog, but it is still available. The hearts are from Confetti. Next, I layered a piece of Patio Party DSP onto Early Espresso and adhered it to the base.

I stamped the curly label image in Primrose Petals onto Whisper White Cardstock and punched it out with the Petite Curly Label Punch. I mounted that onto an Early Espresso square that was punched with the 1" Square Punch. That was layered onto a piece of Whisper White which was punched out with the Postage Stamp Punch. I added Dimensionals between each layer. I repeated the process for the adjoining square but punched out 3 hearts with the Owl Builder Punch in Primrose Petals Cardstock. I added a sweet little Early Espresso bow made with the Stitched Ribbon and attached it with a Glue Dot. Finally, I colored the heart from the sentiment with a Primrose Petals Marker and punched it out with the small circle in the Owl Builder Punch. Next, we'll move onto St. Patrick's Day. Not saying that I'm totally done with Valentine's Day yet, but for today I am...

Again, I used the Pretty Petites stamp set and punch. I started with a Very Vanilla base and added some Tea For Two DSP. I cut a square of Lucky Limeade and punched out little label windows. To get them evenly spaced, just punch out 4 of the labels out of Post It Notes and center them evenly on your cardstock. Simply line the punch on top of the Post It Note and punch out the shapes. Next, I cut a Very Vanilla square and used the Scallop Trim Corner and Border Punches to make the border around the Lucky Limeade square. I need a little more practice at it, but it worked pretty well.

Next, I stamped some tiny shamrocks with the Itty Bitties set in Lucky Limeade onto Lucky Limeade Cardstock. I punched them out with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, and popped a Basic Pearl in the center. I attached the shamrocks to little flags with Glue Dots. The sentiment is from Got Treats and I punched it out with the Word Window Punch. It works really well for these smaller greetings, as you don't have to worry about getting it stamped straight. Just line the punch up over the sentiment and punch it out. Then just cut the rounded ends off and flag one end. Next, I took a piece of Lucky Limeade Cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Stripes Embossing Folder. I ran a piece of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon around the top and adhered it to the base with SNAIL. I tucked another piece of ribbon underneath and tied a knot. I added a couple more flags to the bottom along with a Basic Pearl. I should clarify the window frame a little more...The Very Vanilla square has 4 of the punched out labels attached with SNAIL.
I layed the Lucky Limeade window square on top of the Vanilla to get even placement. Once the Vanilla labels were adhered, I moved the Lucky Limeade window square. On the back of it, I added lots of Dimensionals and then placed it on top of the Vanilla square. I hope I don't have you thoroughly confused!

 Make sure to stop by tomorrow as I'll have some more 'Kit/Card' options for you. The deadline to have your selections to me is February 5th. I'll also have a lovely 3-D item to share with you tomorrow, so make sure to visit. Thanks so much for coming by-I hope you liked todays projects!








No comments:

Post a Comment