Thursday, November 22, 2012

OWL OCCASIONS CARD:

Happy Thanksgiving to you! This is a card I made for my nephew whoo just got his GED. I used the ever-adorable Owl Occasion set, which I will be sad to see go. I started with an Early Espresso base and ran it through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder. The front was a little flimsy after I embossed it so it was kinda hard to get a good picture, but you get the idea. I added some Always Artichoke leaves that I punched with the 23/8" Scallop Circle Punch, and popped some up with Dimensionals.

I punched a circle out of the front using the 13/4" Circle Punch. I stamped the owl in Basic Grey and stuck him on a Basic Black branch. I stamped him again in Soft Suede, cut out his front and popped it up with Dimensionals. I made some glasses for him using the circles in the Owl Builder Punch and added some Googlies. I made a little cap using the Summer Smooches DSP and colored some Baker's Twine with a Tangerine Tango Marker, and wrapped it around a Brights Brad. I punched out his feet with the Owl Builder Punch in Soft Suede.

For the mug, I ran some Vellum Cardstock through the Big Shot using the Holiday Collection Framelits. After I cut the mug, I ran it back through with the steam shape and only cut it part way-I hope that makes sense? I used the word Window Punch for the mug design and attached the strips with Glue Dots along with the foam using the Owl Builder Punch and the steam shape Framelit. I used a Q-Tip and added some White Craft Ink around the edges. For the beer, I cut out a piece of Daffodil Delight and attached it underneath using Glue Dots.

I cut a banner in Whisper White and stamped the sentiment in Tangerine Tango. I used the Happy Hour and Fabulous Phrases sets.

For the inside, I used the retired Owl Together Now set.

Sorry, I don't know how to turn it around, but again, you get the idea.

I'm not sure Jake will appreciate the work that went into the card, but I'm sure he'll appreciate the $50 that was inside : )

I also have a few pictures of our new bathroom to share with you!

I still have a few accessories to get, but it's pretty much done.

Kinda dark-hope you can see it!

We had the old clawfoot tubs before, and I was spoiled with them, so we got 2 new ones. That meant moving 4 of those bad boys!



I can't find any before pictures, but I know I have some of the upstairs bathroom. I'll be sharing those soon, so make sure to stop back. I'll also have some of my daughter's new house-can't wait to share! Thanks for your patience with me in my irregular posting. I don't know how well I'll do in December, but I hope to have my act together in the new year. Thanks so much for coming by and have a blessed Thanksgiving with your loved ones-I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment