Wednesday, November 14, 2012

MR. GOBBLES TREAT HOLDER:

Happy fall to you! It has been a little nipply out there! BRRR! I made this little treat holder for my hostess this month, who happens to be in the hospital : ( I hope this little guy will brighten her day a little.  I wanted to make her something for Thanksgiving, but didn't really have any idea what. I had a stack of empty button containers sitting on my desk, so I decided to start with one of those. I fit 7 Rolos inside and then proceeded to decorate it.

I punched out a Soft Suede circle with the 21/2" Circle Punch, which covers the lid perfectly! I punched out another circle in Crumb cake and ran it through the Big Shot using the Chevron Embossing Folder. I cut a little off the top and layered it over the Soft Suede circle. Next I punched out a couple of wings using the Large Oval Punch, and for his head I used the 13/8" Circle Punch. I used the Owl Builder Punch for his cheeks and heart, which were punched out of Riding Hood Red. His beak was punched with the Little Labels Punch Pack in More Mustard. His little gobbly-hanging thing was punched with the Bird Builder Punch in Cajun Crazy, and I added a couple of Googlie Eyes from the Holiday Catalog. The sign was stamped with the what I thought was the Simply Serif Mini Alphabet, but I think I accidentally grabbed a retired set by mistake. The sign was stamped with Soft Suede ink on Crumb Cake and punched out with the Modern Label Punch. I added some Linen Thread and attached it with a Glue Dot.

For his hat, I punched out a Basic Black square with the 11/4" Square Punch, and snipped about 1/4"  off. I cut a little strip for the brim, threaded a Ribbon Slide onto it, and attached it with Dimensionals. Next. I added a bunch of feathers punched with the Modern Label Punch in Soft Suede, More Mustard, Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze. I fanned them out and glued them to the back of the container using Tombow adhesive. I finished him off with a couple of feet that were punched with the star in the Merry Minis Punch Pack.

If you're like me and you have 'gobs' of empty embellishment containers laying around, put them to good use and make some of these little guys for Thanksgiving. I hope he put a smile on your face today. Have a great one! Thanks for coming by today-gobble gobble!

1 comment:

  1. Thankful concerning the post about the Chef's Hat fire bargain - I wish regardless of all that I worked in South Melbourne! Will need to make it down on Saturday, in a perfect world there'll be some incredible stuff left.
    Cheap Johnny O Turkey Adult Costume

    ReplyDelete