Monday, September 2, 2019

FALL ACETATE TREAT BOXES:

Hello there! I finally got some time to come up with some fun Fall Acetate Treat Boxes. I made 6 designs for Halloween last year, and I've had several requests for Fall & Christmas designs:) I'll have to wait on Christmas, but I hope you like these Fall designs:)

These are the Halloween boxes from last year. You can find all the details on the September 4, 2018 post.

I made a video for this cute little scarecrow on my Facebook SU!P FRIENDS! group. Click on the link to the right to check it out! I started with an Acetate Card Box and keeping it flat, I cut it in half at 4". I used the old retired guillotine cutter that SU! used to carry. If you don't have a heavy-duty cutter, you could just cut a box in half with scissors.

I added strips of Crumb Cake Cardstock around the edges measuring 11"x 3/4" and adhered them to the acetate with Glue Dots. For the hat I started with a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock measuring 4" x 1 1/2". I measured in 1/2" at the top on both sides, and trimmed to get the angled shape. I added strips of Tear & Tape along the edges and added pieces of Burlap Ribbon. I trimmed off the excess , and added short pieces along the bottom. I used scissors to cut the ribbon in a jagged design.

I used Soft Suede Cardstock for the turkey and the Come To Gather Suite for the sentiment and feathers. I used the Leaf Punch for his gobble-thing, and the Tailored Tag & Large Daisly Punches for his hat.

For the Indian I used Blushing Bride Cardstock and Dinoroar DSP. I used the Layering Circles for the hair in Basic Black, and smaller circles for the eyes. I used the 1/2" Circle Punch for the pupils. For the feathers I used the Gathered Leaves Dies with Mango Melody and Old Olive Cardstock.

For the Pilgrim I used Basic Black and Petal Pink Cardstock. I used the Christmas Bulb Punch for the nose and Gold Glimmer Paper for the buckle. I used the Clear Envelopes to hold the candy corn & peanuts. I just trimmed off the adhesive strip at the top and tied it shut with a bow.

I hope you enjoy the new line-up in addition to the Halloween treat boxes. Stay tuned for some Christmas characters...but not for awhile:) Thanks so much for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a video. Your creative ideas are amazing and the punches you used were so clever. What size circles did you use for the eyes? Thanks so much. If you decide to make a tutorial, add me to the list of notifications. Thanks again,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete