Thursday, August 15, 2019

SAILING HOME BIRTHDAY CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a masculine birthday card featuring my PRODUCT OF THE WEEK-the Come Sail Away Suite. For this card I started with a Mossy Meadow base and added a layer of Come Sail Away DSP. I stamped the compass several times in the background using Soft Suede ink.

I then added a coordinating design of DSP and flagged the end. I added a strip of another design and added the rope that I cut from Soft Suede Cardstock using the Smooth Sailing Dies. I used the stamp set Special Celebrations for the sentiment and stamped it with Memento black ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I stamped the compass with Soft Suede and used the Story Label Punch to punch it out.

I stamped the lighthouse with Soft Suede ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and the anchor onto Soft Suede Cardstock. I used the dies to cut them out and thread a piece of Linen Thread through the hole. I used the dies to cut out the seaweed from Mossy Meadow Cardstock and tucked it behind the lighthouse using Liquid Tombow.

I used a Sponge Dauber with Soft Suede ink to add some aging to the label and the corners. I ripped some of the DSP and curled the edges to distress it a bit. I love how versatile this suite is with the different color schemes! I've still got a few more cards to share so make sure to stop back tomorrow! Thanks so much for coming by:)

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors and your choices of the beautiful DSP!
    I have seen many cards done with the Balmy Blue...so this was a refreshing change!
    Nicely done Laura!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete