Thursday, June 7, 2018

FIRECRACKER FAVOR:

Hello there! These are the treat holders I'll be giving the attendees at Card Buffet tonight. I was wanting to give them ideas for any 4th of July gatherings they may have coming up. I used the Envelope Punch Board to make these crackers...or firecrackers in this case:)


I started with a piece of DSP measuring 6" x 5 1/2". The Lovely Lipstick & Blueberry Bushel paper from the In Color 6" x 6" DSP Stack worked perfectly! With the 6" side at the top of the Simply Scored, I scored it at 1 1/4" on both ends. I then rotated the DSP and put the 5 1/2" side at the top and scored it at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 3 3/4" and 5". Fold on all of the score lines.

With the 6" side at the top, and the paper folded, line the left edge up to the 1 1/4" mark and punch. Flip the paper over and repeat on the other end. Continue this process on every score line...fold, punch & flip. You'll end up with 8 diamond-shaped holes on the score lines and 2 notches on the side. If you want to add the notches to the ends, mark the center of each end lightly with a pencil, fold the paper and punch as you did before. Keep folding & punching all ends, using the initial punch as a guide. Add Tear & Tape to the tabs and form the box.

Find the seam and make sure that side is on the bottom. Then pinch the sides of the 2 ends together and tie one end with ribbon-I used the Blueberry Bushel & Lovely Lipstick 1/8" Grosgrain Ribbon. Fill the firecracker with candy-I used Dove chocolates that had red, white & blue wrappers. Tie the other end.

To decorate it, I stamped the banner from Banners For You with Blueberry Bushel & Lovely Lipstick on the same color cardstock and used the Bunch of Banners Framelits to cut them out. I attached them to the box with Dimensionals. I then cut apart a Pearlized Doily and tucked them under the banner with tiny drops of Liquid Tombow. I then cut out 2 stars from Gold Glimmer Paper using the Wood Crate Framelits and attached them with Dimensionals as well.

I stamped the small banner with Banners For You in Lovely Lipstick & Blueberry Bushed onto Whisper White Cardstock and used the Bunch of Banners Framelits again to cut them out. I stamped the sentiment with the Jar of Love set and attached it to the stars with Glue Dots.

I'm going to attempt to make a video for you putting one together. I got my phone stand a couple days ago and I'm anxious to try it out. Figuring out how to share the video may be another story! Please send lots of good vibes my way:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment