Friday, April 27, 2018

MAGICAL DAY CARD:

Hello there! Here's another card made with a retiring set-Magical Day. I really love this bundle and was hoping it would carry over to the new catalog, but no such luck:) I started with a Bermuda Bay base and used the coordinating Magical Mates Framelits to cut the waves in the background. I added a layer of Whisper White Cardstock and on top of that I added an oval I cut out with the Layering Ovals Framelits. I cut it from the gorgeous Myths & Magic Specialty DSP-the texture and sparkle of this paper truly is magical.

I wanted to let you know that the framelits don't cut out the mermaids-they're smaller than the DSP, as you can see from the Bermuda Bay ones that I cut out in the background. I cut out this one with my Paper Snips and adhered it to a Vellum Cardstock bubble that I punched out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I stamped the others with the 1", 3/4" and 1/2" Circle Punches. I stamped the bubbles onto each with Bermuda Bay ink and adhered them with Glue Dots. I attached the large mermaid with Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and used the framelits to cut out the banner. I inked up the small banner with Melon Mambo ink and stamped it onto a Whisper White scrap, cut it out with Paper Snips and attached it to the large banner with Mini Dimensionals. I attached it with Dimensionals and tucked some greenery behind that I cut out from Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock. I attached them with Glue Dots on the ends.

This was such a fun card to make and I'm going to save it for my sweet little Elise's birthday in August:) Make plans to attend Coffee Break tomorrow and make this adorable card, and choose from 17 other designs as well. Make sure to stop back tomorrow for a fun little favor. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment