Friday, March 9, 2018

ST. PATTY'S DAY FAVOR:

Hello there! We had a blast at Happy Hour last night making this little St. Patrick's Day favor while enjoying margaritas! I adapted Brenda Quintana's Basket Weave Easter Basket to make these cute leprechaun  drawers:) I started with a piece of Garden Green Cardstock measuring 6 1/2" x 2 1/2". I scored it at 1 1/2" on the short side. I then turned it to the long side, with the shorter section at the top, and scored it at 2", 3" & 5" ONLY to the score line. I then scored it at 6" all the way down. See Brenda's video here: http://www.qbeesquest.com/2018/03/easter-basket-with-embossing-folders.html

I cut on the scored lines just up to the horizontal score line, and cut the bottom section out. I used my Bone Folder to gently bend the cardstock and then folded on all the score lines. I used Liquid Tombow to assemble the box. I cut 2 Garden Green strips at 5" x 1/4" and used the Bone Folder as well to bend the "suspenders". I criss-crossed them in the back and used a Glue Dot to hold them in place. I then used Liquid Tombow to attach them to the inside of the box. I then cut a strip of Basic Black Cardstock measuring 6 1/2" x 1/2". I used the Bone Folder on it and adhered it over the Garden Green using Liquid Tombow.

I then cut the buckle from Gold Glimmer Paper using the 2 smallest squares from the Layering Squares Framelits. I cut the smallest square first, and then centered the larger square over the hole and ran it through the Big Shot again. I attached the buckle with tiny drops of Liquid Tombow. I stamped the sentiment using Teeny Tiny Wishes with Garden Green ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I cut them apart and attached to the suspenders with Liquid Tombow. I finished it off with a Basic Black Baker's Twine bow. These cute little britches hold about 9 Rolos.

I'm going to be at a Vendor Blender this Saturday from 9-3 at St. Mary's Parish Hall-420 W. Mt. Pleasant St. West Burlington. I'll be giving away these little treats and you can come make a card to go with them! I'll also have catalogs and upcoming events that you can sign up for. I hope to see you there!

We also made this fun card using a Window Sheet and the Bubble Over Bundle-which I'm thrilled to say will be carrying over into the next catalog! I saw the idea for this clear card on Pinterest-love it!

This is the sweet little treat that I gave everyone who attended, which had chocolate in it of course! But you could fill it with peanuts or Beer Nuts for a fun alternative.

Happy Hour is such a fun night out! I hope you'll join us next month:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment