Sunday, August 6, 2017

PIECES & PATTERNS MINI BACKPACKS:


Hello there! I wanted to share these fun mini backpacks I made for my Card Buffet attendees. Carrie Rhoades came up with the adorable design using the Gift Bag Punch Board. You can see the tutorial here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/305611524704970954/   or go to www.carriestamps.com.

I used the Pick A Pattern Suite to design these little cuties. The backpacks were made with Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Flirty Flamingo & Emerald Envy Cardstock.

I used Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon, and various other retired ribbons. I used the 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch to punch the holes in the top flap and on the back of the backpack to string the ribbon through.

Carrie's video is very easy to follow and gives great detailed instructions.

Once the backpack was assembled, I added a couple Velcro dots to keep it shut.

I added fun little pockets to the fronts using Pick A Pattern DSP. I didn't add the flaps as in the video because I wanted to use the coordinating Eclectic Shaped Paper Clips. I also wanted to stick a little note in the pockets, which I did by cutting down the retired Project Life grid cards.

I used the Pieces & Patterns stamp set for the sentiments on the cards, using the same colors as the cardstock for the backpacks. I cut out several images from the Pick A Pattern DSP using my Paper Snips. I added some to the pockets and some to the cards.

I decorated the backpack flaps, pockets and cards with Pick A Pattern Washi Tape, along with the Basics Pack 1 & 2 Washi Tape. It's crazy that we don't carry any buttons at the moment, so I used retired ones and strung various baker's twine through them: Basic Black & Flirty Flamingo Baker's Twine, and Crushed Curry Solid Baker's Twine.

I added several embellishments as well: Iridescent Sequin Assortment, retired metallic sequins, Enamel Shapes, retired In Color enamel shapes and Rhinestone Basic Jewels. The sweet little bags were big enough to hold 3 fun-sized candy bars.

I hope you'll go check out Carrie's video and make one for yourself. I made a few extras for my grandbabies to have for their first day of school:) So fun! Make sure to stop back tomorrow for another brand new bundle. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

2 comments:

  1. Just read your article. Good one. I liked it. Keep going. you are a best writer your site is very useful and informative thanks for sharing!
    My blog: best small tactical backpack 2018

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same goes for everyone that needs to have an experience like Dora! A Perfect Adventure Backpacks must be exceptionally well picked as to not left off track amid troublesome circumstances.Best burton backpacks

    ReplyDelete