Tuesday, August 8, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS CARD:

Hello there! Here's a fun birthday card we made at my Card Buffet last week with an idea I borrowed from SU! I used the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle, and saved 10% by buying the stamp set and Happy Birthday Thinlits together:) I started with a Calypso Coral base and stamped a wreath on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Wild Wasabi ink. I left the left side blank as there's a lot happening on that side:) Before I stamped the leaves I traced around one of the circles from the Layering Circles Framelits as a guide.

I stamped the flowers with Pacific Point, Pool Party & Calypso Coral ink, stamping off the insides of the Calypso flowers. I stamped the cluster flowers with Basic Grey ink and stamped an extra one on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock, which I cut out with Paper Snips. I stamped 3 small flowers with Pool Party ink onto Pool Party Cardstock and used the 1/2" Circle Punch to punch them out. I stamped to Calypso Coral flowers onto Calypso Coral Cardstock and cut them out with my Paper Snips.

I used the Layering Circles Framelits to cut out a Vellum Cardstock circle. I erased the pencil line and attached the circle with a few Glue Dots. I used the Happy Birthday Thinlits to cut out the sentiment from a Gold Foil Sheet. I tied a piece of Pool Party Solid baker's Twine around the sentiment and tied a bow. I adhered the sentiment to the Vellum Cardstock using tiny drops of Liquid Tombow.

I added 2 pieces of the adorable Pacific Point Stitched-Edge Ribbon to the back sides of the Whisper White Cardstock with Liquid Tombow, and attached it to the card base with SNAIL. I added the cut/punched out flowers with Glue Dots & Dimensionals. This was a little more time-consuming, but nothing hard about it:) Stop back tomorrow for another card we made last week. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment