Wednesday, August 9, 2017

COFFEE CAFE CARD:

Hello there! Here's one of my favorites from my Card Buffet. We used the new Coffee Cafe Bundle and this card was a hit! I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the hearts and stripe along the edge with Crumb Cake ink. I cut out a circle from the Coffee Break DSP using the Stitched Shapes Framelits.

Now for the really cool part! We tried out the new Embossing Paste and it's so much fun to work with! I made a stencil for the whipped cream by using one of the Coffee Cups Framelits on a Window Sheet. I anchored the stencil onto the DSP circle with some retired washi tape and swirled the Embossing Paste over the stencil like frosting a cake. I removed the stencil and set it aside to dry.

Next I stamped the cup with Early Espresso ink onto Powder Pink Cardstock-one of the new In Colors! I added a few hearts using Powder Pink ink. I stamped the straw with Garden Green ink and used the Coffee Cups Framelits to cut them out. I colored part of the sentiment using a Garden Green Marker and stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I flagged one end and attached it to the cup with SNAIL. I cut a skinny strip of Coffee Break DSP and attached it with Liquid Tombow, slightly overlapping the DSP.

Once the Embossing Paste was dry, I adhered the circle to the card base with SNAIL. I attached the cup with Dimensionals and tucked the straw inside the cup using Liquid Tombow. I finished it off with a fun, new Corrugated Element. This will be the perfect bundle to use for my upcoming Coffee Break & Cards Class coming up in October. I'll be sharing more info about a bunch of new & exciting classes coming up in the Fall. Can't wait!!! Make sure to stop back again tomorrow:) Thanks so much for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment