Wednesday, May 17, 2017

MOTHER'S DAY BUTTERFLIES:

Hello there! My hubby asked me to come up with a Mother's Day project for his Sunday School class and this is the card they made. I started with a Mint Macaron base and used a retired embossing folder for the background. I stamped the wreath with VersaMark and used the Heat Tool to emboss it with White Embossing Powder. I then used the Wonderful Wreath Framelits with the help of the Big Shot to cut it out.
I tied a piece of retired baker's twine around the wreath and tied a bow at the top. I adhered it to the base with Dimensionals.
I folded a piece of Whisper White Cardstock in half and ran it through the Big Shot using the Butterflies Thinlits. This gave me a solid embossed butterfly for the bottom and a cut out butterfly for the top. I layered them on the wreath with Glue Dots.

I then used the smallest of the Butterflies Thinlits and ran it through the Big Shot again using the retired SAB glimmer paper. I attached it to the butterflies with Glue Dots. Next I stamped the sentiment from Circle of Spring with Tip Top Taupe onto So Saffron Cardstock and used the 1" Circle Punch to cut it out. I attached it to the glimmer butterfly with a Dimensional.

I finished it off with a few retired enamel shapes. He said they really enjoyed making a card for their moms and bailed several out who hadn't gotten one yet:)

I made one of these little nifty gifties for each to go along with their card. I used the Curvy Keepsake Thinlits with various DSP's of Mint Macaron & Sweet Sugarplum. I used the Butterflies Thinlits again in Whisper White and glimmer paper.


I cut the butterflies in half, layered them and glued them on both sides of the handle using Liquid Tombow. I used the tag die included with Whisper White Cardstock and stamped the sentiment with Tip Top Taupe ink. I attached them to the handle with retired baker's twine. I made the flower with Sweet Sugarplum Cardstock using the flower die from the Wonderful Wreath Framelits. I added a retired enamel dot to the center.

These projects were a big hit with his class and I got to use up some retired product. And speaking of retired...the following will be retiring at the end of the month: Circle of Spring, Wonderful Wreath Framelits & Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits. Make sure to get them before they're gone! I had a nice relaxing day and hope you did too! I still have more to share from my Card Buffet so stop back...and hopefully I'll remember:) Thanks so much for coming by!





No comments:

Post a Comment