Monday, May 8, 2017

CELEBRATE TODAY CARD:

Hello there! This is one of the cards from my Card Buffet last week using the set Celebrate Today. I wanted to get this posted sooner, but we had a funeral over the week-end. It was great spending time with family we hadn't seen in awhile, but I just didn't have any energy at the end of the day to get these posted-I'm sure you understand:) I started with a Daffodil Delight card base. I added another layer on top using the Sunburst Thinlits.

I stamped the balloon with Bermuda Bay ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and cut it out with the coordinating Balloon Framelits. I lightly traced the balloon with a pencil and used that as a guide to stamp the background image with Pumpkin Pie ink. I erased the pencil line after stamping and then attached the sunburst with SNAIL. I added a retired tassel from the Holiday Catalog and attached the balloon on top with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment with Basic Grey ink onto Pumpkin Pie Cardstock.

I rounded the string slightly and stamped it with Bermuda Bay ink. I added a bow made with Melon Mambo Stitched Ribbon and attached it with a Glue Dot. Finally I punched out some stars from Gold Glimmer Paper using the Confetti Stars Border Punch, and adhered them with tiny drops of Liquid Tombow glue.

Unfortunately the Celebrate Today stamp set will be retiring at the end of the month. The coordinating Balloon Framelits are as well, and are 20% off.  The Sunburst Die is retiring and is 40% off. The Confetti Stars Border Punch, along with the Melon Mambo Stitched Ribbon are going away as well, so make sure to get them before they're gone if they've been on your list. I'll have lots more to share over the next couple of weeks, so make sure to stop back tomorrow. Thanks so much for coming by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment