Sunday, January 8, 2017

JUST KEEP SWIMMING CARD:

Hello there! When I saw the Just Keep Swimming set in the new Occasions Catalog, I just knew it would make a cute Valentine's Day card. I started with a Blushing Bride base, which is the perfect color for this fun & flirty card don't you think? I then ran it through the Big Shot using the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.

Next I ran a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock through using the Cutie Pie Thinlits to cut the scallop. I rounded all the corners and ran a piece of Early Espresso Baker's Twine around the Chocolate Chip piece. I probably should have just used Early Espresso Cardstock, but I just have a feeling that our Chocolate Chip isn't going to be hanging around for a lot longer, so I'm trying to use it more:( I rolled 4 Glue Dots, stuck them on the back, clearing the baker's twine and attached the scalloped piece to the base.

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso and the hearts in Blushing Bride onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and used the Decorative Label to punch it out. For the macaron, I stamped the filling image with Blushing Bride onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I then stamped over it with the cookie image using Crumb Cake ink. I stamped over the cookie image with the crust image using Tip Top Taupe ink, and cut it out using my Paper Snips. I attached it to the label with a Dimensional, and attached the label to the base with Dimensionals as well. I finished it off with a few sequins from the Blushing Bride Sequin Trim using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

This was a super quick & easy one to put together, which is helpful to have for a Card Buffet. Several have expressed interest in how a Card Buffet works, so I've been sharing what I've been doing at mine. As I mentioned previously, I put all the supplies needed for a particular card into a tote. I also put the embossing folder, dies, ribbon & ink refill in that tote as well, telling them that they won't necessarily need to use them. I include the extra supplies in case I need to make more kits. I start out with a dozen kits for each card, but wanted to have the supplies on hand in case I need to make more. When I'm designing the cards, I pull a few extra sheets of cardstock, DSP or whatever papers I'm using as well, and bring with me in case I need to cut more. I'll have another Valentine's Day idea for you tomorrow, so make sure to stop back. Thanks so much for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment