Tuesday, October 4, 2016

BEAR HUGS CARD:

Hello there! Been awhile! I wanted to share a couple of projects that I made for my father-in-law. His birthday was yesterday and this is the card I made for him using the set Bear Hugs and coordinating Bear Hugs Framelits. I started with a Basic Black base and added a Chocolate Chip layer on top. I stamped it with Hardwood in Early Espresso and ran it through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.

I cut out the circle using the 2" Circle Punch. I stamped the bear with Soft Suede ink onto Crumb Cake Cardstock-why I didn't just use Early Espresso, I don't know. Anyway, I cut him out with the framelits and stuck him to the underside of the woodgrain piece with SNAIL. I used a Sponge Dauber in Soft Suede ink to add a little shading to the bear and fish-maybe that's why:) I then attached the woodgrain piece to the base using lots of Dimensionals. I used the set Thoughtful Banners for the sentiment and used the coordinating Duet Banner Punch-which you can save 10% on by the way if you Bundle them:) I used Early Espresso ink on Tangerine Tango Cardstock.

I stamped the fish with Early Espresso ink onto Always Artichoke Cardstock and used the framelits to cut them out. I used the Paper-piercing Tool & Mat to poke a hole in the ends and strung them onto a piece of Linen Thread. I anchored the fish in place with Dimensionals and attached the thread with Glue Dots under the knotted ends. I added a few Delightful Dijon stars punched with the Confetti Stars Border Punch and attached them with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

I'm going to also make this card for my nephew who loves to fish & hunt-I love a two-fer:)

Back to my father-in law...He was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award for volunteering as the 'voice of the Greyhounds'. He's been announcing sporting events for over 40 years! He said "Burlington High School gave me an education and I wanted to give back to them."

I framed the article from the newspaper onto a piece of Elegant Eggplant DSP from the Regals DSP Stack.

I made a mini pennant using the triangle from Wish Big Framelits. I cut out the Elegant Eggplant piece using the die and then I traced around the outside of the die for the Basic Grey layer. I then trimmed them down a bit to remove the rounded corners. I used Silver Glimmer Paper for the numbers using a retired alphabet. I glued the pennant to a skewer and tied a piece of retired baker's twine to it along with one of the new Mini Tassels-love them! I stapled a couple of strips of DSP together and attached them to the frame with a Dimensional, and attached the pennant on top with a couple of Dimensionals as well. An awesome tribute to an amazing 85 year old who's still going strong! Thanks so much for stopping by:)


No comments:

Post a Comment