Friday, August 19, 2016

HERE'S TO CHEERS SHOWER GIFT:

Hello there! I want to share this fun project that I made for my nephew and his soon-to-be-wife's bridal shower. I made the wine tag and following card with the Here's to Cheers/Cheerful Tags Bundle. To be honest, I wasn't planning on getting this bundle. I think it's beautiful and could be used for so many occasions, but I didn't think I really needed it. Until my sister called and asked if I would be in on a "Shower In A Box". I knew then that I was gonna need this:)

I was thrilled to be able to put the new Fabulous Foil Acetate Sheets to work! I ran one of the sheets through the Big Shot using the Cheerful Tags Thinlits. I layered a piece of a Gold Foil Sheet on top using another one of the dies. I used some of the luscious retired gold satin ribbon to attach it to the wine bottle. I added the fun swirl to the tag using  Silver Glimmer Paper. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark onto Whisper White Cardstock and heat-embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder. I used the Layering Circles Framelits to cut out the circle and the Gold Foil scalloped layer. I added a bow to the bottom using Glue Dots.

For the card, I used a piece of retired specialty DSP for the base. I added a layer of the Fabulous Foil Acetate on top using Glue Dots in the corners. I added a banner made from a Silver Foil Sheet, and repeated the process for the sentiment.

I was really wishing I'd ordered the Weather Together Bundle, but I haven't yet, so I used an oldie but goodie set for the umbrella. I stamped it with VersaMark onto a coordinating design of DSP. It gave me just enough of an outline so I could cut it out with my Paper Snips.

I added a swirl with Gold Metallic Thread and adhered it to the back of the banner using Glue Dots. I added a couple of strips with retired washi tape, and attached the banner over the top with Glue Dots as well. I added a pair of the swirls-made with one of the dies, and Silver Glimmer Paper. I attached the sentiment with Dimensionals, as well as the top of the umbrella. I tucked the handle underneath using Liquid Tombow.

I finished it off with a gold cording bow, Basic Pearl Jewels and some sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim. One daughter is going to make a sweet little cake, and the other is going to add a bouquet of balloons. We weren't able to make it to the shower, as it was several hours away, so my sister is going to deliver this fun little shower to them. I hope it's a fun surprise to come home to:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment