Friday, August 5, 2016

HAPPY HAPPENINGS CARD:

Hello there! Still working on cards to put in my sister's boutique, and I need to fill some holes in the Congrats department. I found the layout for this card in on older Stampin' Success magazine but changed up the colors and sentiment. I started with a Mint Macaron base and added a layer of retired DSP from the Occasions Catalog.

I cut out a couple of flowers from a coordinating design of DSP. I added a swirl underneath made with Gold Metallic Thread and adhered with Glue Dots. I added a piece of retired Watermelon Wonder ribbon with Fast Fuse and attached the flowers on top with Dimensionals. I used the set Happy Happenings for the sentiment. I stamped it with Delightful Dijon ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. Shelli had mentioned in a video that you can use our new foam pads to do heat-embossing. To be honest I was a little skeptical. But I tried it and she was right! I added Gold Embossing Powder to the Delightful Dijon ink and it embossed perfectly:) I used the retired Washi Label Punch to add a little interest to the sentiment, and attached with Glue Dots.

I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to add tiny dots of glue and sprinkled them with Gold Glitter. I finished it off with a couple of Basic Pearl Jewels.

Off to make several more of these lovelies:) For someone whose not a big fan of floral cards, I've sure made a lot of them lately! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment