Saturday, July 23, 2016

THOUGHTFUL BRANCHES CARD #3:

Hello there! Today it's Christmas in July. Too soon? Never...especially when you make your own Christmas cards:) I got the inspiration for this card off of the SU! site again but made a few changes. I started with a Very Vanilla base and added another layer on top. Again, I used the Thoughtful Branches/Beautiful Branches Bundle to make this card. I stamped the background trees and snow with Versamark and then directly into Crumb Cake ink. I then heat-embossed them with White Embossing Powder. Dang it! I wish I would have used the Softly Falling Embossing Folder for this! I'll have to make a note to remember to do that with the rest that I make.

Next I cut out a Very Vanilla tree using the Big Shot and coordinating Beautiful Branches Thinlits. I added some shimmer with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. I stamped the birds with Real Red ink and used the thinlits to cut them out as well.

I used the Christmas set Oh What Fun for the sentiment using Crumb Cake ink and flagged one side. I attached the Vanilla layer to the base with Dimensionals and attached the tree with Glue Dots.

I attached the sentiment and birds with Dimensionals as well. I'm pretty excited that I have a jump start on my Christmas cards:) This card was pretty simple and I think you could knock out a bunch of these quickly. Remember this bundle isn't available until August 2nd, and then only available until August 31st. It's a 22 piece photopolymer set which sells for $27. The thinlits are $31, but if you get the bundle it's $52, saving you $6 if you buy them together. And you can save even more if you place a $50 order by July 31 and earn a Bonus Days Coupon worth $5 to redeem in August. Email me at  lmel09@q.com or go to www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net  for more details. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

4 comments: